Friday, March 16, 2012

Scrapbook Challenge Throwdown: Day Three

Has it really been over a month since my last post??? WOW!!!! Well, I have most definitely been very busy and have a new schedule and will chat more about that later. But I forgot that I did this layout of the kiddo's and since tomorrow (or today for some) is St. Patrick's Day I wanted to share. 

Remember The Scrapbook Throwdown with Latrice Murphy that I was participating in? Well, I haven't quite finished all ten days, but this was Day 3 and the challenge was to sew on a layout.

 I LOVE to sew on my layouts, but I normally machine stitch so I challenged myself to hand stitch on this layout. 

I hand cut the banner and then stitched around the edge. I also stitched around the edge of the punched cardstock. 

Prima flowers with bling added to the center. I used scissors for the scalloped borders. ( I really need to get a scallop punch!)

I layered up on embellishments. 
When I hand write my journaling I use pencil first then trace over it with an archival safe pen. 
(The photo shows the journaling in pencil)

Supplies: Flowers: Prima, Button: K&Company, Green/White Dot paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery-Girl
Other supplies were misc. scraps and pieces. 

Thanks for stopping by, and I'm hoping to have more for you in the next few weeks! Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Other Scrapbook Challenge Throwdown Layouts: 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...