Monday, December 5, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Guest Blogger Hot Chocolate/Coffee Dipped Spoons



Hi, I'm Stacey and I'm so excited to be here for Tutorial Tuesday.  I blog at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! As the name suggests, I'm a momma of three boys. When I'm not cleaning up after, washing and folding laundry for, or wrangling my rowdy crew, you can find me in my craft corner. I dabble in many crafty areas and am always looking for something new to try.



From time to time you'll find:





 -things for the boys



 - some quilting



 - and home decor and holiday projects





Okay, on with the tutorial.  I don't know about you, but I wrack my brain each Christmas, trying to come up with small gifts for our neighbors and my son's teachers.  I think I've got something this year that will please them all.  I think these are the hardest gifts to give since generally we don't know them extremely well.





This year we're giving Chocolate Spoons.  These are great for coffee lovers as well as those who like a little spice to their hot chocolate.  Once gifted, the recipient simply grabs their favorite heated beverage, adds the spoon, stirs and awaits the flavored goodness.



Supplies:

- plastic or wooden spoons

- milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips

- embellishments ( candy canes, sprinkles, toffee, coconut ect.)

- microwave, hammer, waxed paper

- clear or decorated plastic bags, baker's twine or ribbon





1.  Crush your "larger" embellishments using a hammer and place in a small bowl.



2.  Melt your chocolate chips and white chocolate in separate bowls, in the microwave.  I started with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, on high, for 2 minutes.  Stay right by the microwave and check in every 30 seconds or so.  Pull the bowl out every so often to check for melted-ness.  Once the chips are melted they are ready.  This can be a tricky process because if they are in too long they are going to turn crunchy instead of smooth.



3.  Dip each spoon in the melted chocolate, making sure to cover the entire spoon.





4.  Sprinkle one embellishment on each spoon and set aside on waxed paper to cool/harden.  Another embellishment option:  drizzle a milk/dark chocolate spoon with white chocolate or vise versa.





5.  Once the chocolate has set, wrap the top of each spoon in a small, plastic bag and tie with twine or ribbon.



You can skip this step and just wrap the container, but I feel like the individual bags keep the spoons fresh until they're ready to be used.



Thanks for letting me join in the fun today at Bean Bug Crafts!



 
Pin It


Stacey
http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boy-Oh-Boy-Oh-Boy/135619179823735?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...